I write a guide on how to root Android 5 Lollipop using KingRoot and replacing superuser KingRoot to SuperSU. The step is only for use with YLN-KingRoot.
The steps are written to root Sony Xperia Z. If you have successfully rooting other models using my guide, please share it in comment.
S1-1. Download YLN-KingRoot bundle, you can:
- Download directly using mobile browser directly
- Download from PC and upload to mobile to Download folder (/sdcard/Download)
S1-2. Enable Security Unknown Sources to install APK manually
S1-3. Extract download YLN-KingRoot.zip using File Manager
- File Commander
S1-4. Install All APK in YLN-KingRoot\APK
S2-1. Run KingRoot App
S2-2. Follow KingRoot Instruction (Note: Internet connection is required)
S2-3. Run Terminal to replace superuser to SuperSU
S2-4. Command Steps in Terminal
- Run in Root mode
- Terminal will request root privilege to KingRoot, click Allow
- Change Directory to YLN-KingRoot/mrw
- Run Script to change KingRoot to SuperSU
- Update SuperSU binary will appear, update it
- Reboot your device
Post Rooting Steps:
S3-1. Run SuperSU App and install SuperSU into system
S3-2. SuperSU will close and SuperSU icon will disappear from drawer. Reboot your device
S3-3. Once reboot, SuperSU icon should appear again in drawer.
S3-4. To test, run terminal and execute su command. Superuser request prompt will appear.
S3-4. KingRoot also install app called Purify, If you do not want it, uninstall Purify.