Apple iOS 8 jailbreak is released by Pangu and it is time to upgrade to latest iOS.
I feel that iOS 8 is better than iOS 7, like Windows Vista to Windows 7.
- Pangu v1.2.1 for iOS 8 includes Cydia Installer v1.1.16
- Apple has seeded iOS 8.1.1 beta and it is known that this update cannot be jailbroken.
- It is advisable to upgrade the device to iOS 8.1 and you can jailbreak in the future.
iOS 8 Device Compatibility
Source: iOS 8 What’s New
This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)
- Photos includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos
- Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes ◦Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages to not be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging
- Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
- Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
- Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
- Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G or LTE networks for cellular data
- Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
- Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, separate from Siri
- Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background
- Accessibility improvements and fixes ◦Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on a tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards and Braille displays with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
- Download and install latest iTunes
- Download iOS 8 Jailbreak Pangu (visit Apple iOS page)
- Backup Data using iTunes to be used to restore data after jailbreak (It is advisable to backup to iCloud too)
 iOS Upgrade
S1-1. Plug your iOS device and let iTunes detect and download the correct firmware.
S1-2. Click Download and Update button
S1-3. Once download is completed, iTunes will perform iOS 8.1 updates
S1-4. If iOS starter wizard prompts, configure iOS starter wizard
Skip WiFi configuration
Disable Location Services
Set Up as New iPad/iPhone
Accept Term and Conditions
Skip passcode -> click Don’t Add Passcode
Diagnostics: Don’t Send
Welcome to [iOS device] -> click Get Started
S1-5. Go back to iTunes and perform Restore to reset to default factory settings
(this will increase jailbroken success rate)
S1-6. Perform Step S1-4 again for iOS Starter Wizard
S1-7. Set the iOS device into Airplane mode
 iOS Jailbreak Steps:
S2-1. Run Pangu Jailbreak
S2-2. Plug in your iOS device.
S2-3. Once detected, click Start Jailbreak button and follow the wizard
S2-4. If successful, Pangu will display Jailbreak succeeded! and your iOS device will restart automatically
S2-5. Once restart, Pangu will display iOS device as jailbroken and two apps added (Cydia and Pangu)
 iOS Post-Jailbreak Steps:
S3-1. Once Jailbreak step is completed, unlock locksreen and open Cydia
S3-2. Cydia will start Preparing Filesystem for the first time and it will respring automatically.
S3-3. Unlock lockscreen, return to iTunes and perform Data Restore (Please wait until all iOS apps are restored)
S3-4. If you jailbreak using Pangu up to v1.2.0, you must upgrade Cydia Installer to v1.1.16.
Notes: No Action required if you jailbreak using Pangu v1.2.1 as it includes Cydia Installer to v1.1.16.